Friday, August 21, 2009

New Job

I put in my 2 weeks notice today. Aaron got me a new job that pays (starting out) $12 an hour and after 90 days you get benifits and you can get about $14-15 an hour depending on if you are doing good. What I am going to be doing is setting up merchant accounts. People join the company and we set up their accounts and charge their card and stuff. I am not 100% sure what I am going to be doing but it sounds okay. I wish Wade could have been the one to get this new job and not me. I don't want to have to start all over. I hate starting new jobs. I finally feel comfortable here and now I'm moving. Ugh. Plus it would have been nice to have Wade working over there anyway. We could have full benifits and I could maybe take off some time after the babys born but if he doesn't find a good paying job before this kid is born then I am going to have to rush my recovery and head straight back to work which I don't want to do. That is going to be very hard on me. I'm sure this job will be better though. I am sure I will get lunches and maybe even a break during the day : ) Plus it's only 4 blocks from my house so it's not too far. The guy I talked to seemed nice and seemed like they treat their emplyees nice which is way more than I can say about the hotel. I asked Darwin (my boss as of right now) if I ever got a different job if Wade could work here and he pretty much said no. He doesn't like having guys working here. Even though he has a gay guy working here currently he doesn't like to have guys working here? He said he'd talk to Cindy (his wife) and let me know. I doubt it though. Which is lame and sucks. So I am hoping to be done with this job by the end of this month so I can just start on next month. I guess we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

David and Maria said...

Ambria, that is awesome about the new job and the increased wages. Honestly, I was never making that much even after 4-5 years of school. Working in assisted living got me $8/hr at the most. That is awesome about the benefits.


You guys need to come up and see us. I have honestly called your phone 8-10x in the last 5 weeks and can't get a hold of you.