Thursday, February 19, 2009

Laid off

Everyday I hear about people getting laid off and loosing their jobs. It became a reality to me when Wade lost his job. I figured with my new pay raise and working 7 shifts a week that we would be okay. Plus Wade got his unemployment checks and that would help us out a lot. People tell me everyday that either they or their spouse has lost their job. Well on Monday Aaron and Britin want to talk to me up in their office. I knew right then what was going to happen. I saw how much money was being brought in each day. Everyone knew it was coming. It was just a matter of time. They told me how bad they were hurting and that they've tried to hold on as long as possible but they couldn't any more. Everything was going to be shut down on Wednesday. Britin was crying I was trying not to cry. I was thinking great! Now what I going to do? Live off 200$ a week. That will only pay for rent (barely). And then I started to think about them. They just had a baby. Only Britin has work. How are they going to support themseleves? That is what really makes me sick. We are young. We don't have to support 3 kids. I really hope they will be okay. I love them and I would do anything for them if I could. I am not going to go into anything personal with them for their own sake. Luckily for me I kept the hotel job and Darwin and his wife are nice enough to let me come on full time. That takes so much stress off my back. I am working a lot of night shifts. That's going to be a weird transition. Well work is almost over. I'll write more later.

2 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oh Ambria, I am sorry about your situations!! I am glad you are able to work more at the hotel!!! What a blessing that you have that still. I am sorry!

Micah said...

Crap Ambria! I didn't know business was that slow there. So they're shutting down the car wash all together? Its a good thing you didn't quit the hotel job. I hope you guys can survive cause I'm just barely scraping by.