Saturday, February 21, 2009

Growing Pains

Today was a pretty fun day. Kind of. I got off work and went home to sleep for about 2 hours. Drove down to the gas station to help them clean and pack everything up. It's so sad to have nothing there. We took down all the dead animals from the carwash and all of the decorations. It was so bare. They got rid of most of the stuff a few days before. About a week before we closed down, one of the workers (Adelfo) was trying to tell me how much he liked Britin. He said that she had a very good heart and was a very good person. It's funny how he can even notice that even though she has only talked with him a few times. He doesnt speak English very much, and I'm sure that she has only talked with him a little bit. But he could see she had a great heart. Even though they are going to loose their house and they don't have any money, she still gave me a whole bunch of stuff. From drinks to X-mas decorations. Plus she gives me money. So anyway I was talking about my day. I come home after about 3 hours try to go to bed for 3 more hours. Britin calls and asks if I want to babysit. Of course I say yes. I love her kids. And I love babysitting their youngest. (I am the only person besides her parents who has ever watched her) I was going to watch the kids for free tonight because as part of their X-Mas gift i told her they get a free night of babysitting. I tell her this and says no. I better take the money or else I can't watch the kids again ( joking of course ). She said that even though they are loosing their house she has a pretty good job and can afford food for them. Now that Wade is out of work I need all the money I can get. Now I am at work again. I brought 2 movies tonight because last night I had too much free time with only one movie. I don't mind the night shifts. I can acctually take little breaks and go walk outside for a little bit. But tonight the owners are out of town and really watching the cameras. I get here and some one comes in to get a room. The girl drops the price for the guy and he doesn't want it, so he leaves. Right away we get a call from Darwin asking why he didn't take the room and he has been calling me about everything. So now I feel like I can't take a break tonight. Or even go to the bathroom. Which really sucks because I have to go. : ) Even though my shift just started I keep thinking about sleeping. I can't wait until 7. Only 7 more hours to go. It's going to be a rough night. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

That's pretty intimidating to have them watching you like a hawk, Surely they will go to bed soon and you can pee :) Britin is nice, I have always liked her too.

K said...

Ooooh, creepy! It's like big brother! And Amb, I'm sure you're just too scared!! They would allow you to take a bathroom break! Poor, poor Britain! I think they can make it though, they'll just have to get a little apartment for a bit. It's gonna be a BIG change for them!