Saturday, October 3, 2009

Work=Boring

We were going to go down to Vegas this weekend to go to that Tattoo convention. I was excited about it at first when it was just we were going to tag along but then it turned into ‘we HAVE to take them’. We didn’t have any money and I was worried about it because I figured they would make us pay for something. Wade finally talked to his mom and Jessie didn’t have any money so now we aren’t going to go. I am happy because when I learned that Nan and fam were coming down I wanted to stay (but then learned that we had to take them) and so I was kind of pissed. So I am glad Jessie didn’t have money because I am so happy we are staying. It was the worst weekend to go anyway. James is down now too (which is why Wendy couldn’t take them. She didn’t want to leave James here by himself). Anyway I am listening to my music as I am typing so sorry if some of this doesn’t make any sense and is kind of random and off. I am so glad that James is down. Oh I love his food : ) and I have been craving it for the longest time. He is making BBQ tonight. I hope he makes potatoes too. And asparagus J *Wishful thinking*

We had a little pizza party for all the bdays for Sep and Oct. I have been looking forward to it and I was thinking I would dig in and eat a ton. I got a skinny slice of sausage and a normal size piece of pineapple and ham. I couldn’t finish either. I don’t know why. And then they brought out the cupcakes and it was the BEST cupcake I have ever had! Oh yum!! Chocolate chocolate chip with a little more chocolate. Kevin came up to me and asked if I had gotten enough and I was in the middle in my cupcake and I said I could use another cupcake if I wasn’t so full and he went up and got me another cupcake : ) I am excited to eat it. And now we are talking about hair. Every Kevin I have ever known has been so nice and easy to get along with and they are all funny. (Kevin bro-in-law, Kevin cousin, Kevin ex-coworker, and now this Kevin coworker). I am going to like this job just because of the free food. I think it was last week we had a meeting with the insurance people and they brought pizza and we got free food too. And it’s Papa John’s not cheap crap like Little Ceazers (I love Little Ceazers pizza J). Which reminds me! At that insurance meeting they discussed benefits for new employees!! I am going to get on the benefits right away and I don’t have to wait 90 days!! WOOFREAKINHOO!!! They are going to just everyone get right onto the benefits and anyone who starts after October 1st will have to wait the 90 days. I just wish we could have done this meeting sooner. I have waited 30 days but that’s okay. The only sucky thing is that there is a $500 deductible (which isn’t bad) but it restarts in January so we are going to have to pay 2 deductibles. Which is fine. It’s better than paying $10,000. So I am happy that I don’t have to wait. I was hoping that we would get it soon (the insurance cards) so I could give it to the doctor on Tuesday but I don’t think I will get it that soon. I think it will take more than a week to process. I guess the meeting was this Monday so it will probably go onto our paychecks next week and soon after that I will get the card in the mail. I guess I can always call the doctor and set it up over the phone. That’s a good idea! One thing that made me feel good today was something Loyd wrote to me “Your consistency is impeccable.. This report has been a “hit and miss” report over the last several weeks.. is nice to see it come every Friday. Doing a GREAT job Ambria!!!” And then Aaron wrote an email saying keep up the good work soon after : ) Aawwhh!


Wade finally has an interview this Tuesday! Yay! The only sucky thing is that it’s up in Cedar. That would be a crappy commute! (Right Dad?) That’s a ton of gas! (Which sucks because he already goes through a ton of gas in the first place! Twice as much as me) They seemed really happy he called back so I hope if he does get it that they pay well. At least $10 would be great! That would help us pay all of our bills.

I had to go drop Wade off at his parents today and I was gone for a whole hour so I have to stay until 5 : ( I feel like today has been so long. It will be a 10 hour day. That’s okay. I am so excited for food tonight and to see the family tomorrow. I am *hopefully* going to wake up early and that way I can spend all day with them. But I will most likely go over at like 12. I am hoping mom will cut my hair next week. I am SO sick of it!! I am putting it up every day and I am just ready to grab a pair of scissors and cut it myself. It is almost 3:30 so I only have an hour and a half more! Woo! I am so happy! I got my iPod fixed somehow and so now I have MY music back on my iPod! Yay! It is nice to put in my headphones and listen to my music. It makes me not want to do some of my work (the kind where I have to call people and have my music out J). I guess I should get to work. I don’t really have anything to do. I have to wait for Staci to come back. I am so tired. I was going to take the food home from work (someone has been stealing food from the fridge) but I don’t want to have to take out everything I have. So far none of my food has been stolen but they (whoever is stealing food) have taken the expensive nice food. (A nice $7 sandwich, tons of Pepsi, and some frozen foods) I have cheep food (Top Ramen, $1 burrito, and 59 cent pot pie). So I don’t think someone would steal my food over the food they have. Hopefully. I wish I was able to go home at 4! That would be sweet! Oh well. Well I should probably go now. I should do some work…

2 comments:

K said...

That's AWESOME that you get free food, insurance right away and that they're recognizing your awesome work ethic!! CONGRATS on the recognition and perks of your new job. Sounds like it is working out better than the hotel!! =) YAY!

Micah said...

Dang things are sounding good for you guys! I'm glad.