Friday, June 26, 2009

Bank problems >: (

Wow. It's been so long. I've tried to hold off because I just don't want to post about our whole issues with our banks but I figure I better get it done. In short-this is what's been going on for the past month or so... We had a hold put on our account because 4 checks tried to go through our account and we did not write them. The lady did not tell me they were going to put a hold on the account so we haven't been able to get our money out. Lame. So we have talked to everyone and I finally talked with a nice girl who told me all I had to do was open a new account with Chase and the money from our old account (Wamu) could be transfered to the new account. So the next day I go in to the bank to do so and after we got all set up they said "Oh no. We can't do that." We were there for about an hour-holding up the lines and we still weren't able to get our money. So we opened a new account with Chase for nothing (which I am so mad about.) I did not want to open an account with them because once Wamu switched to Chase is when ALL of our problems starting happening. Plus it is not FDIC insured. It is not a free checking. So we have to use it 5 times a month otherwise we will be charged for it. Blah blah blah blah. There is so much more. So the lady told us to call this number in 24-48 hours and they will have made up their minds to see if they can give us our money. I called a few days later and the guy I talked to didn't know anything and said there was a letter that was supossed to be sent out to us. I told him we haven't gotten anything and we need this done NOW!! He said all he can do is send another letter. (This happened about a week ago-still haven't gotten anything). So now we just have to do the waiting game and HOPE they will speed up the process of closing our account. Which right now ( I just figured out) is only a few days away from the date it was suppssed to close anyway. A lot of good that did huh?! So we just have to wait and hope they send us a check for our money. When I opened that new account the lady said we HAD to put in at least $25 to acctually open the account and I told her the olny reason I did this was so I could have my money. I don't have any and I am not putting any money into it. Just cancel what ever you did so it can't open. A few days ago I got our new debit card in the mail. Haha. So I called right away to cancel the account and they are going to try to charge us $25. I told him I am not paying that and I'll just wait 3 months so I can close it. (if you try closing before 3 months they charge you-nice of them to tell me). Then I remembered that if I don't use it I will be charged anyway. So I'm stuck in a rut. I am going to fight it and maybe to back in to the branch because they knew our story. What a mess huh? We are still waiting for the money and I have a feeling like it's going to take another month to get it. Let's hope not right?!

Anyway!!! Other than that there is nothing new with us. Same old crap.

1 comment:

Markel said...

Ambria,
I think you should write to "Get Gephart on channel 2. It probably won't help you in time, but I bet it would sure make the bank look stupid. That would be nice wouldn't it?
Dad